by Christy Baroni
Ah, yes, Dwight Shrute is right. ”Bulky” is a word that makes me insane anyway, but that’s a blog post for another day. Bottom line: Good old fashioned pancakes don’t have a single solitary nutritional benefit. Yes, they are tasty in the moment, but I think of them as the Zumba of nutrition. It might look like a good time but does it really get you any closer to your goals?
Fear not! I have a pancake recipe that is crazy good AND will not contribute to any of the bulkies.
- 2 bananas
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup oatmeal
- Cinnamon to taste
- Almond butter
Break it down:
- Turn griddle on high heat on the stovetop. Cover with cooking spray.
- With a fork, smash the bananas in a bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs and mix until fairly smooth
- Add oats until mixture is a thick batter.
- Cover mixture with cinnamon and stir in.
- Spoon out batter on to griddle. Flip over when the sides are brown and raised. (Takes a little longer than regular pancakes.)
- Top with almond butter. (A serving is 2 pancakes.)
- Enjoy! And thank me later.