Do you have money on the game this weekend? A favorite team who finally made it this year? Or maybe you don’t even know that two football teams are going head to head for the big game this Sunday. In truth, when you have a bowl of this paleo-friendly, vegan-friendly tastiness in front of you the game will be irrelevant anyway.
The What & How Much:
The How To:
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Toss squash with 1 tbsp olive oil. Spread squash onto cookie sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes until slightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium-heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil, cumin and coriander and stir frequently for about 3 minutes.
3. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, until clear, then add broth.
4. Remove peel from squash if not already done, then add to pot along with half the cilantro and the jalapeño.
5. Simmer gently for 20 minutes or until squash is soft. Stir in 1 cup of the coconut milk, as well as the lime juice.
6. With a hand mixer, carefully puree until smooth. Season with salt & pepper.
7. Garnish with coconut milk or vegan sour cream, and remaining cilantro.
* Rinse the seeds from the squash and toss with a sprinkle of olive oil and sea salt. Roast in your oven for 20 mins at 325. Worth the extra effort, I promise!